Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Herb Roasted Chicken & Vegetables

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a cook.  Since getting married I have tried numerous new recipes and have even mastered a few.  This past weekend I found a new recipe in the newspaper with my coupons and tonight I tried it out.

It is called Herb Roasted Chicken & Vegetables.
It calls for:
4 to 6 bone-in chicken pieces (I used 3 bone-free chicken breasts)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1.5 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon garlic salt
4 medium red-skin potatoes, quartered (I used 2 red-skin potatoes, and I cut them in eighths)
1 medium onion, cut in eighths
1 packages (8oz) peeled baby carrots
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil

PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees.  Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.  Place chicken pieces in pan.  Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.  Combine basil, rosemary, and garlic salt in medium bowl; sprinkle 1/2 of the herb mixture on the chicken.  Add remaining olive oil, potatoes, carrots, and onion to bowl with the herb mixtures; stir to coat.  Arrange vegetables in an even layer around chicken.  Cover dish with sheet of foil; fold back one corner of cover for heat circulation.  Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are done and meat thermometer read 170 degrees.  Carefully remove cover.

Coming out of the oven.

Dinner time!
 
 
Enjoy your dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I love that recipe...It's also a great recipe to take to a new mom because it has a meat but isn't spicy or anything.

    ReplyDelete