Friday, April 27, 2018

Sheet Pan Dinners

I made three different sheet pan dinners this week from recipes I found on Pinterest.  I have been desperate to mix up our dinners and found a link for simple and delicious sheet pan dinners.  Simple and delicious are pretty much the highlight of my dinner-making-repertoire and so I picked three dinners that I hoped my family would enjoy.  


Monday night, I made this Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
I substituted the variety of peppers and just used green peppers and onion.
I served with a side of rice.  
I really liked the entire dinner!  The girls enjoyed the fish, Caroline likes rice and Elizabeth does not.
They both tried the vegetables but didn't love them.  Ben said he enjoyed the meal 
(he isn't a huge salmon fan, but ate it for me).

Tuesday night I was supposed to make the sheet pan teriyaki chicken with vegetables, but Caroline ended up in the after-hours Kaiser emergency clinic, so we ate fast-food.

Wednesday night I did get to make the sheet pan teriyaki chicken with vegetables and it was yummy!
I forgot to take a sheet pan picture, so please enjoy my dinner plate picture. :)
I altered the recipe a little and used carrots, green pepper, and broccoli as my vegetables.
I also made a side of macaroni and cheese "for the kids".
Everyone enjoyed the chicken and macaroni.  Ben and I enjoyed the vegetables, and the girls ate a few of them (because they have to).

Thursday night I made the Sheet Pan Steak and Vegetables.
Again, I altered the recipe (for the veggies) a bit and used asparagus and potatoes.
Everyone LOVED this meal but Caroline, and I am guessing that was because she was sick. 
Ben declared it his favorite meal of the three new dinners.


Dinner plate pic :)

So a little takeaway from my dinner night experiment:

I bought all the vegetables at Aldi on Monday and they stayed fresh all week.
The fish I bought at BJs on Monday along with a 10-pound bag of frozen chicken breasts.
I bought the steak on Thursday morning at the grocery store.
I'm funny about fish and steak and want it to be extremely fresh.
Chicken, turkey, pork doesn't bother me if it is frozen (I know, I'm weird).
ALL of the meals were extremely easy and did not take long to make.
If I didn't have an ingredient, I either substituted it or just skipped it 
(like rice wine vinegar for the chicken, I didn't have it and didn't add anything else)  

Hope you enjoyed the post and maybe got a new idea for dinner.

Below is the lunch I made most of the week:

I blogged earlier this week about working on my overall health and fitness.
I eat a turkey sandwich most days for lunch.
I decided to "add some jazz" to it this week.
I toasted the bread, then spread hummus on one slice.
I added spinach, cucumber, and tomato to my turkey.

For my sides, I cut up a few strawberries and had a bag of pre-cut apple slices.
If I was still hungry or wanted something crunchy, I had some goldfish.

All the vegetables I grabbed at Aldi and the fruit came from BJs.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment