Friday, April 3, 2020

2020 Girl's Weekend Away!

My annual girl's weekend away was the trip that almost didn't happen.
The entire week before I was sick, Elizabeth and Ben had the stomach flu, 
and Coronavirus was on the rise.
However, at 10pm on March 6th, I was able to hop onto my plane, sanitize my seat, and take off towards Columbia, South Carolina!

Reagan was pretty empty on Friday night.

On my flight down, I scored free wine!
My flight attendant was training a new flight attendant and used me as an example on how to "comp" a cocktail.  :)

Landed in Columbia at 11pm and Stacy picked me up!
I would love to tell all of you that we hit the town, but we did not.:)
We went back to her house, chilled for a bit, and then went to sleep because we had a busy weekend planned.

On our way to Charlotte on Saturday.
Dana and Stacy wanted coffee and I thought this Chick-Fil-A drive-thru cover was AMAZING!
Dana and Stacy laughed at me, but we don't have anything like this in DC.
It's the small things folks.

Stacy got all the food recommendations for us and #1 was 7th Street Public Market.
We walked around to all the booths and then settled on lunch.

I had the most delicious salad... 
while my lactose-abled friends enjoyed grilled cheese and tomato soup!

We split this strawberry-Nutella crepe with a glass of rose.

After lunch and cocktails, we headed across town for a mural walk.
One of my favorite artists, Evelyn Hansen, lives in Charlotte and was hosting a walking tour.
We walked for an hour, checked out about 10 murals and even stopped at her most famous piece.



This is Evelyn and she is telling us about her mural, Confetti Hearts Wall.
You should definitely check out her work, here is a link to her website.


Stacy, me, and Dana enjoying the #confettiheartswall


I had so much fun (this was one of my favorite parts of the trip)


After the tour, we headed to Evelyn's studio and made a few purchases.
We walked around Southend enjoying the day, shopping, and relaxing.

Before dinner, we headed to the mall and did a little more shopping.
For dinner, we met up with a few more friends and had the best time!

Shelley and I had a great time catching up!

Our dinner group.

Saturday night, we drove back to Columbia and relaxed in town with wine.

Sunday morning, Stacy and I picked up Dana and we headed to brunch.

Dana recommended Momma Rabbit's and it was SO GOOD!!
All of these pictures are just of my food.  Haha.

Our appetizer.

Homemade cinnamon roll.

Homemade chicken salad.

So much good food in the South!

After brunch we headed over for pedicures.


Second round of cocktails for the day :)



After pedicures and champagne, we headed to the State Museum for their Sherlock Holmes experience.


They had props from different Sherlock Holmes movies and TV shows.

We had to solve a murder.
Dana won!

We headed into Five Points to shop and have a snack.

Stacy recommended The Baked Bear!

Homemade chocolate chip cookies, lactose free chocolate chip ice cream!!

This was so good!

After ice cream and shopping, it was time for me to fly back to DC.
I had a fabulous time with my ladies and hope we can do it again next year!

Happy Friday y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment