Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Groundhog Day

The girls have been very into Groundhog Day for the last couple of years...

So I try to make it fun with a little craft and special snack.

Caroline and I started the day by watching Punxsutawney Phil predict an early spring.

Well, you guys, it was all over after that.

Caroline insisted it was "now spring" and that I could pack away all of her coats.
She didn't understand why it was snowing in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania since it was now spring.
She also wanted to know why her grandparents were not with Phil since they live in Pennsylvania.

I tried explaining how Phil's prediction works... meaning he is hoping for an early spring, not that it immediately becomes spring that specific minute.

If y'all have any suggestions for explaining it to a five-year-old...I'm open to hearing them.

After the video, Elizabeth made an appearance and we went into the kitchen to get ready for breakfast.

I had set-up a few groundhog day coloring/worksheets for them to complete while Ben made a special groundhog day breakfast for them.

 Elizabeth got to work right away on labeling the different parts of a groundhog.

 Caroline and I were discussing what color she should make her groundhog.

 Caroline decided to make her spring predictions before coloring. :)



While the girls were working, Ben made them Groundhog Pancakes!!

I think that is a #pinterestwin!

In the afternoon, I surprised everyone with groundhog snacks.
Chocolate pudding with teddy grahams.

Yummy groundhog day snack.


The rest of our day was spent celebrating the Super Bowl with the Giacobbi's.

Groundhog day was a fun day for sure.

Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment