Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Brain dump

Now that I am "back with the world"  I haven't really been back in the world of blogging.  Any I kinda don't miss it.  Not sure what that means...

A few things have been on my mind lately and since school's out for summer (and Elizabeth is napping) I have time to ponder and ponder and ponder some more.

First up- losing weight is hard.  I mean H.A.R.D.   I have lost all of the baby weight but now I am trying to get back to college days weight.  Or close to it.  I have this ap on my phone and it is great at helping me track my food and exercise.  But at the end of the day (and the middle of the day, and the beginning of the day) I feel hungry.  Really hungry.  I didn't realize how many extra calories I was eating a day and now my body is use to those extra calories and is having a really hard time adjusting.  I just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it.  I use to never have a hard time finding clothes and now I constantly struggle.  So I keep repeating this mantra:

Clothes taste better than food.

Sometimes this mantra works and sometimes it doesn't.  Right now I am working hard to stay on the right path.  I also heard someone say this mantra before (can't remember where) and it really stuck with me.  Anywho- my goal is to lose 12 pounds.  After that, we shall see.


Second up- only 6 weeks of vacation left.  Yikes!!!  Time has flown by.  I can't believe it's almost over when it feels like it just started.  I'm still crossing my fingers to win the lottery, but I think that is mostly doubtful.


Third up- I love swimming and I hope my daughter will too.  We have taken her to the pool a few times and she has enjoyed herself.  Once she is 6 months old, I can take her to a swim class, so I think that will be super fun for both of us (I hope!).  Now if those dang water diapers weren't so expensive!...


Well that is all I have time for for now.  Enjoy the day!

 

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if i commented before, started following you after the Kellyskorner link up. I'm trying to loose weight post baby, too. Not fun! We are doing a swim class in September with fairfax county rec. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for the comment! I have joined a gym and gotten a trainer. The baby weight is gone but now I'm trying to lose that extra weight. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete