Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend

My mom flew in on Thursday, the day after our anniversary.  She came to visit us and the girls, celebrate Mother's Day, and very nicely watch the girls so we could go on multiple dates. #freebabysitter #asmanydatesaspossible #thanksmom

This is us on Thursday afternoon, hanging at home.

 Thursday for dinner, my mom offered to take us to Chili's
Elizabeth wanted a picture with Ga-Ga and her chocolate milk :)

All four of us (Ben had to work late)

Thursday night we watched Black Panther after the girls were bed.
We wanted to see Avengers Infinity War on Saturday night, so we had to see Black Panther beforehand.  We all enjoyed the movie (although my mom had not see half the marvel movies). 

Friday morning, Ben and I played tennis and then I quickly showered because...


Ga-Ga, Caroline and I went up to Elizabeth's school for lunch.
Elizabeth really wanted Ga-Ga to see her school, meet her friends, and see where she eats lunch.

Caroline brought her lunch and sat next to Elizabeth :)

After we had lunch at home, we were off for some mother-daughter pedicures for an early Mother's Day treat!  Caroline sat very nicely on the couch and played games on her kindle while Ga-Ga and I enjoyed the massage chairs with our pedicures.

Mother-Daughter pedicures!

Once Elizabeth got home from school on Friday, Ben and I headed out for the night.
We came home Saturday at lunch time and then we all headed out to Elizabeth's t-ball game!

Batting!

Playing catcher
(her favorite position)

Sunday morning, Ben took all of us to Chef Geoff's for Mother's Day brunch.
The food was really, really good and we (mostly) had a great time!

Sunday afternoon, my mom and I headed to the movies before her flight.
Our plan was to see the new Melissa McCarthy movie, Life of the Party.
Well, we walked into the theater and the manager was in there telling everyone that the light bulb had burned out and that they weren't going to be able to show the movie.
We checked the movie times and ended up watching the new movie from The Rock (hahahahahaha).
We saw Rampage the Movie!!
It was definitely NOT our original plan, but we had a good time. 

After the movie, I dropped mom off at the airport and headed home.
Ben took us out for Mexican food (my favorite!) and we had a nice relaxing evening.

Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment