Monday, May 21, 2018

Nine years of marriage!

We celebrated 9 years of marriage on Wednesday, May 9th!  
We had a fun weekend planned and I didn't take many pictures.
Please enjoy the few pictures I did take. :)

I woke up on our anniversary morning and was surprised with heart shaped pancakes, eggs, and bacon.  Ben really is the BEST!
(And yes, I was totally surprised!)

He also surprised me with roses :)

Wednesday night we took our annual anniversary picture.
In case you've missed the story-
We follow traditional anniversary gifts.
The first year of marriage is paper.
So on our first anniversary I gave Ben a blank scrap book.
Every year on our anniversary we take a picture, print it out, and put it in the book.
Then we fill the page with things we have done as a couple (or family) in the last year.

Wednesday night, Ben made us dinner.
Here I am enjoying some wine while watching him cook.

I was enjoying watching him cook while I drank wine :)

He made an at-home hibachi dinner complete 
with the ginger dressing for our salad

Fried rice

My salmon (it fell apart, but still tasted amazing!!)

Salad with ginger dressing

I grabbed us a piece of cake to share

On Friday, Ben had the day off and we had a few dates planned.


We played tennis on Friday morning.

And that's where my pictures end- whoops!

Friday night, my mom kept the girls and we spent the night out in Arlington.
We went to happy hour and then to dinner.
Saturday morning we slept in and then enjoyed waffles at our hotel.

It was a wonderful extended celebration of our marriage.
I can't believe it's already been nine years and at the same time I can't believe it's only been nine years.  Thank you Ben for the best nine years, I love you!!

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment