Thursday, August 19, 2010

The end of Star Trek

Every Monday night since the beginning of June Crystal Screen has been going on down the street from our house.  This year the theme was Star Trek (all the movies).  Last year was Super Hero films (that was pretty awesome).  Ben and I made it to about half the movies this year since it rained the first half of the movie season (and I am not going to sit in the rain to watch Star Trek). 

I really enjoy going to Crystal Screen because in Atlanta we have Screen on the Green and I used to love going to that with my friends and having a picnic and watching movies.

Every week at Crystal Screen there was a different contest or theme.  A few weeks ago there was a costume contest and this past Monday they were throwing Tribbles out to the audience.

Every week they also share updates about what is going on in Crystal City like hot yoga, zumba, the farmers market, and other free things to do and see.  I really like going to the Farmer's market on Tuesdays and I have yet to try the "hot yoga".  Anyway, we sent Ben to see if he could score a Tribble and he came back with a big, goofy grin on his face.


Below are a few pictures from our Crystal Screen outing.  Next year is "Movies by the Numbers" and includes movies with numbers in the titles like Airforce One and Sixteen Candles.  I am super excited for the movies next year!

Ben and Scot (and the Tribble)

Ben and I getting ready for Star Trek to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment