Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rock at the Row

All summer Ben and I have been members of the Tangy Balls softball team.  We are scheduled to play every Thursday from the beginning of July through the end of August.  So far we have played three games and had fives game rescheduled (due to rain, sun, or whatever). 

This past Thursday we were supposed to have two games back-to-back.  Fours hours before first pitch we received an e-mail saying all games were cancelled due to the fields being flooded out (it had rained all day the day before).  I was highly agitated upon receiving this e-mail but then I remembered that our friend Chris was getting people together to go to Pentagon Row to enjoy an outdoor concert and dinner & drinks.  I e-mailed Chris to let him know that we would now be able to make it since softball had been cancelled and he told me to meet up at 7. 

Chris found a table at Asia Bistro where all seven of us could fit and we were near the stage and could listen to the band.  That night a swing band was playing and Cathy & I thoroughly enjoyed watching all the "dancers" break it down in the courtyard.

Ben and I had a great time with our friends and really enjoyed the Sushi and Chicken Fried Rice!

Erik, Christine, Cathy, Me, Ben, Chris, and Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment