Sunday, January 2, 2011

The week in review

I am freaking out a little bit right now because I have just noticed that there is moisture behind the screen in my camera and I am really hoping my camera does not break.  I shall keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer.

This week has been pretty crazy even though I was on vacation.  Sunday we drove to Deep Creek, Maryland for a relaxing ski weekend.  When we arrived on Sunday the snow was coming down in blizzard form with crazy winds so we hunkered down inside and swam in the pool.  Monday was similar to Sunday but I did venture outside for some sledding.  Over the long weekend I read 11 magazines and have started a new book.  Tuesday, Ben and I went out in the snow for awhile and then we headed back to DC because Ben had to work Wednesday and Thursday.

Warm and cozy.

Friday morning we drove back to Greensburg so we could celebrate New Year's with our friends.  Jared and Kelly host a party every year.  About 2 months ago, they discovered that they have a serious moisture problem in their basement so their friends Jay and Amy agreed to host the New Years Bash!  We met up with them and Justin and Sara (and the boys) and Scot.  We had such a good time hanging out with everyone, eating a ton of food, and I learned how to play poker.  We did watch the Gamecocks play and sadly lose.

Ready to celebrate.

The boys: Ben, Justin, Scot, and Jared

The ladies: Sara, Kelly, and me

Saturday afternoon we headed back to DC to get ready for our busy week coming up.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my 11 days of vacation and I am sad to see it come to an end.  I enjoyed the snow but I am now ready for warmer days to be here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment