Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CHICAGO!!! - Part 1

Last week, Ben and I went to Chicago - he had a business trip and I tagged along because 1) I've never been to Chicago and 2) it was our 2nd wedding anniversary!

Let me continue this blog by stating.... OMG I love Chicago!  The city was fabulous!  We had fantastic weather (low 80s) and I got to see all the sights (while Ben had to work, ha!).  Our hotel is called the Palmer House Hilton and it was right in the middle of everything.  I feel so fortunate that we got to stay at such a beautiful hotel (Ben's conference was in the hotel) in a wonderful, beautiful city. 

We flew to Chicago on Monday night and after we checked into our hotel we went out to celebrate our anniversary at this cool restaurant down the street from our hotel.  On the way to the restaurant I quickly learned why Chicago is called the windy city... we almost got blown away walking 2 blocks to grab a drink.

On Tuesday morning, I slept in (ha!) and then went to Millenium Park and The Art Institute of Chicago.


The city has beautiful tulips everywhere.





I went to meet Ben for lunch at noon and then went back to the museum because I came across two whole rooms of my favorite... Impressionist!  Monet is my absolute favorite and they had 14 of his pieces on display.

This is my favorite Monet (I've actually seen it on display in 2 other museums)

In the late afternoon I made a trip over to the Sears Tower, now known as Willis Tower (look it up).  I rode the elevator 103 floors and I was on top of the world!  Willis Tower is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.  I could see 4 states from my view point.  :)



The tall building in the background with the two white pieces is the John Hancock Building.



Thought this was cool.

On Tuesday night we went to Navy Pier and had a good ole time.  Below is the photographic evidence.



I like this picture.  I think it's cool that the city is in the background.


Chicago is awesome.

I will blog about the rest of our trip later.  I didn't realize until I started this post that I took a ton of pictures and I am having trouble deciding which ones to put up.  I loved Chicago and I will be back.  :)


1 comment: