Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend round-up

This past weekend has been incredibly busy.  On Saturday morning I got up early and drove to some random building to take the VCLA test.  For those of you that are not teachers in Virginia, it is a test on reading and writing comprehension that is required for all those that want a Virginia teaching license.  Since Ben keeps telling me that yes, I do want a Virginia teaching license, then I need to go and take the test.  So I did and hopefully I passed. :)

While I was taking my test, Ben went to play tennis with his friend Andy.  After my test, I went to the gym and Ben put up some much needed shelving in the garage.  Once I got home we went across town to Lowe's and bought a grill (yay!).  We then decided to throw an impromptu grill party (?) and invited over a few people to have hot dogs and BBQ chicken. 

Post food: All smiling faces :)


Sunday morning I woke up early again (not on purpose this time) and Ben and I decided to spend the day shopping for a variety of things: wedding gifts, items for our house, and anniversary gifts for each other.  Next week is our 2 year anniversary!  We left the house at 11am and returned at 5pm.  For those of you that know Ben, you know he is not a "shopper".  We had fun and accomplished almost everything on our to-do list.  Now we are back at home and I can hear Ben downstairs hammering away and installing more shelves for me.  Thanks Sally Anne and Al for all the shelving!

No comments:

Post a Comment