Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Bump in the Road

Yesterday was my first day back at work.  I woke up extra early because I was not sure how long it would take me to get ready, pack up all my work stuff, kiss Elizabeth goodbye a billion times, and head out the door.  The day went well, my students were happy to see me, the staff was super nice, and I went to the gym after work to get back into gear.

Then we watched Bones last night.  You need to check out the episode here. 

The title of the episode is "The Bump in the Road".  The episode is about Bones' first day back at work after being on maternity leave.  Hello!!!!  Was this episode speaking to me?  Did the writers and producers plan to air this because they knew I was going back to work?  Divine intervention?  Coincidence?  No idea, but it gave me a little laugh...

The emotions Emily Deschanel portrayed on the episode last night echoed in my heart, my soul, and my new mommyhood being.  I came home from the gym and held my baby girl all night and didn't want to let her go (just like Bones after her first day of work).  I did not have Ben send me a picture every 30 minutes like Bones had the daycare center director do, but I really like the idea!  I missed my baby girl and I know that no one in the world could possibly explain this or understand this (just like Bones).  See the theme developing???

Anywho, I have now survived my second day of work.  It isn't getting any easier, but I know she is in good hands.

Elizabeth, when you look back one day and read this, know that I love you very much and leaving you everyday has been the hardest thing I have ever done.  But I do it to provide you with a wonderful life.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment