Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend round-up

This past weekend we didn't have much planned and then it turned into a busy weekend.  Friday night I went with some friends to see the Legwarmers perform.  They are an awesome 80s cover band and I had so much fun!  I only stayed until 11, but I was impressed I stayed that late.

As you can see, I did not dress up.  But I did love seeing everyone else's outfits.

Love my girls!  Pari, me, Ann, and Kelly.

The Legwarmers!

Pari and moi

The Legwarmers (again!)


Before I went to the concert I had the brillant idea that Ben should try to get Elizabeth to sleep in her crib.  She is 8 weeks old and for the past 8 weeks she has slept in the Fisher Price rock and sleeper (we have put it next to her bed).  So... mostly because her screaming and baby tears upsets me, I decided it would be a good idea to try this when I was not home.  Ben took on this task and I am so happy he did.  He said it took about 40 minutes of screaming/crying/upsetting noises but she went to sleep in her crib. 

Saturday night I braved the tears/screaming/noises and helped Ben put her to bed.  She laid down and went right to sleep.  Score! 

Saturday we hung out at the house most of the day, went for a 2-mile walk, and Ben made some delicious banana muffins with our left over bananas. 

Sunday we got up and went to Church and then headed to the grocery store.  We only used 4 coupons so it was not anything to write about.  :(

Sunday night we went to Adam and Shelley's for Shelley's surprise birthday party.  They were super excited to meet Elizabeth and we had some delicious food.

Singing Happy Birthday!

This cake was soooooo good!!!

Ben and Elizabeth
(yes, they match)
(no, that was not planned)
(Yes, Stacy, the outfit has bows, ruffles in the back, and polka dots!)

Adam, Shelley, and Elizabeth


Sunday night we put Elizabeth down and she screamed/cried/made sad noises for about 30 minutes and then drifted off to sleep.  Tonight I put her down and she talked to herself for a bit then went to sleep without any tears or screaming.  Maybe she will be good every other night???  I dunno...

No comments:

Post a Comment