Sunday, September 16, 2012

Catching up and a challenge!

I don't know what it is, but since school got out in June I have not felt like blogging much.  I thought maybe it was the summer "chill-out" and I was focused on hanging out with Elizabeth and relaxing. 

Well school is back in and the "chill-out" has not worn off.  So, now I feel like I am forcing myself to write again, but maybe if I force myself I will start to enjoy it again.??.  Kinda like going to the gym... (maybe?)

I also do not care for my new laptop.  I know that sounds really bad to say write, but I just miss the old one (I hate change).  The keys are soft, it doesn't have the numbers on the right side of the key board, and it I feel like the wrist rest (is that what it's called?) doesn't feel totally comfortable.  I know, I'm still adjusting.

This past week my Uncle Pat passed away (my Grandmother's brother-in-law, for about 65 years) and we flew to Texas to attend the funeral and see family.

 
I took this picture on the way to Texas.  I love them snuggling together and napping.  So cute!
 
 
It was really good to see a lot of family that we have not seen in a long time.  We had not seen several people since our wedding and Ben and Elizabeth even got to meet my other Grandmother on this trip.  The trip to Tahoka was long and sad, but I am really glad we went to support Bryan and Sharon.  After we drove back to the DFW area from Tahoka we got to see my sister and my other Grandmother.  We stayed with my mom and Grandmother until Saturday and then flew back to DC. 


Today we just relaxed, I tried Zumba for the first time and went to the grocery store. 

We also started a new way of doing our weekly budget this week.  I got the idea from a few different places and we shall see how it goes.
I have taken our weekly budget and gotten the cash out of an ATM.  I then divided up the cash into envelopes for the alloted amounts for the week.
The categories are: My gas, Ben's gas, groceries, baby food/diapers/wipes, and misc.
I will let you know next week if we were able to stay in the budget.  I still have $19 from the grocery budget after the grocery store today, so I can spend it later in the week or add it to another budget.  Adam and Brigette are coming to visit this weekend, so I'm guessing I will be going back to the grocery store to get some goodies.  :)


Has anyone ever tried to budget this way?  Only using the cash in your pocket (or envelope?).  I'm interested to see how we do.  We usually use our debit cards for everything and never have cash.  So...this is going to be a challenge.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment