Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I am 31!

I am 31 years old!
(and a day, this is a bit late)


I have been trying to blog for a few days but our internet has been acting kinda funny at night.

Yesterday was my birthday and after work, Ben took me to a Japanese steakhouse for lunch and then to see SkyFall (so good!)

After the movie was the moment I have been working towards and looking forward to- 
new clothes in new smaller sizes!!!

What.a.disappointment.

I found one pair of jeans at Old Navy.  Remember those fabulous jeans I bought last week that I loved?  Yeah, too big.  Way. too. big.

So...I found another pair of jeans.

Then we went over to Ann Taylor Loft because a) I love that store! and b) I have a ton of gift cards to there.

I did not find a single thing I liked.  Everything was way too big (a great problem to have but a little annoying)
Hopefully one day when I am least expecting it, I will find a ton of new clothes that I like (and that fit) in my new smaller size.  Until then, please don't make fun of my baggy clothes- I really am trying to find new clothes.

So...
I am at 139 and I want to get to 130.
I wear a size 6 or 8 depending on the store and a small or extra-small shirt depending on the store.

I am happy with my hard work and know that I have done a really good job at achieving my original goal (140).  I am having a hard time really visualizing my weight loss and seeing it for myself until I put new clothes on or try to put my old clothes on and they fall off.

For anyone that is struggling out there- know that it is worth it to get in shape for yourself.  Don't do it for anyone else.  I want to be around a long time for my husband and my daughter, but ultimately, I am working hard to get in shape for myself.

I am done with the countdown to 31.  But I will keep the blogosphere updated, especially when I get to my new goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment