Friday, April 25, 2014

Show Us Your Biggest Design Challenge- Basement

Today at Kelly's Korner I am linking up to her blog about your biggest design challenge.  We have lived in our house for a little over three years and for the last two years our basement has been a "playroom".  I use this term very loosely because 1) Elizabeth rarely plays in it and 2) we mostly use it to store her toys and rotate them out.

However, with the new baby coming, our upstairs home office/ guest bedroom is being turned into a nursery.  Which means our basement/ playroom needs to become a home office/ playroom.

This room is a challenge because of it's shape.  One wall is the laundry room/ furnace doors, one wall is a sliding glass door and window, and one wall has the fireplace taking up part of it.

Please help me come up with some design ideas for our future home office/ playroom.

This is what is looks like today:

 When you walk into the room, this is what you see.

 If you turn left when you walk into the room, this is what you see.

 A view from the other side of the room

 The "wall" of doors.

View from the wall of doors/ entrance


So, here are some pictures I found online of home offices/ play rooms that I kinda like:

 I like the wall units that are built in for the desks


I also like the idea of just making it an office since Elizabeth doesn't really play down there.
Here are some pictures I found that I like:

 


Okay, so I guess I am really into the wall unit idea and that would leave more room for kid stuff.

Please help!  I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. love the wall unit idea! http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ has alot of good ideas in her game room...

    i like bold rugs, which could be a fun way to spice up any area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks King Amy! I love the rug idea to add some color to the room and maybe mix up the spaces. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love built ins! You could do some large cabinet space around the desk that could store toys (or anything else you wanted to store down there).

    ReplyDelete