Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Goals for 35!

I turned 35 last week and decided to look back at my old blog post regarding my goals for my 34th year.  I like to set a few goals every year because I fully believe you should never stop learning and always be willing to try new things.
 

 Here were my goals for 34:


1. Continue to maintain a healthy weight
2. Increase our emergency savings by 10%
3. Update the flooring on the main floor
4. Take a family vacation
5. Continue to read more often (2-3 books/month)
6. Take the girls to more monuments and museums
7. Try more recipes
8. Continue to have date nights (every 4-6 weeks)
9. Add more clothes to my wardrobe
10. Relax and enjoy where I am and who I am with


The goals that are crossed off are the ones I completed.

I was able to maintain a healthy weight all year and stay within five pounds.  We updated our main floor a few months ago and we are loving our new carpet!  We took a family vacation to the Outer Banks of North Caroline in August/September and we had a blast!!  We also took family trips to Texas and West Virginia.  I have definitely read more books this year.  I am downloading books to my kindle all the time and even tried kindle unlimited this past month.  The girls have been to many monuments and museums this past year and I am hoping we try several more new ones this upcoming year.  I tried probably 20-30 new recipes this year.  Not a ton, but we enjoyed most of them.  I also added more clothes to my wardrobe and enjoying all of them. :)

We didn't increase our emergency savings by 10% by we did increase is by 5%, so better than nothing.  We didn't have date nights every 4-6 weeks, but we have had several, hopefully we can make them more frequently next year. :)  I am also still working on relaxing and enjoying where I am.  

Here are my goals for 35:



1. Continue to maintain a healthy weight
2. Print more photos
3. Travel to a new state or country
4. Take a family vacation
5. Continue to read more often
6. Take the girls to more (new) monuments and museums
7. Run two - three races
8. Have date nights more frequently
9. Drink more good wine



Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment