Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Unexpected Day

Today took a turn for the unexpected.

As soon as I walked in the door from dropping the girls off at school... 
I received a text, phone call, and e-mail letting me know school was getting out two hours early.

I couldn't believe it.
I thought we were possibly getting a slight dusting of snow, but nothing serious.

I raced around getting all of my errands done and then picked the girls up from the bus.

We came home and we made cookies and did a few art projects.

 We made Monster Cookies for the first time.
My girls don't really like peanut butter and I was trying to sneak it in.
I found the recipe here and I thought they were easy to make.
We enjoyed them later in the afternoon after playing in the snow.

 Caroline was "making a book about colors" and 
Elizabeth was using a painting page she received for Christmas



Craft time is their favorite time :)

While the girls were crafting, I noticed the snow was starting to accumulate.
I opened the front door and our neighbors were outside playing in the snow.

The girls finished their projects and I took them upstairs to get dressed in all their winter gear.
It wasn't going to snow too much longer and I thought they should it enjoy it for a bit.

 Snow angel

 Time to sled down a "hill"

 Top of the hill

 Bottom of the hill

 "Hey Caroline"

"You are cute!"

The girls played for about 45 minutes and burned off a lot of energy.
We came in and enjoyed hot chocolate and more art projects.
It was an unexpected day of fun, snow, and art!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment