Sunday, January 5, 2020

New year, new (old) hobbies

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I wrote (about 11 months) and I have missed it greatly. 

I didn't realize how much I missed writing until the end of December when I was thinking about my New Year's Resolutions.



I love creating New Year's Resolutions, as you can see from 

Okay, you get the idea.  I like setting goals.  Sometimes I meet them, and sometimes I don't. 
And that's okay.

So, when deciding if I wanted to go back to blogging, I was thinking of all the reasons to do it AND all of the reasons not to do it.  Ben's suggestion was to figure out what I wanted to blog about and my answer has remained the same- I don't know specifically AND everything- life/vacations/coupons/recipes/Pinterest fails and whatever else I feel like writing about.

So in continuing with tradition/old hobbies, 
here are my 2019 resolutions results and my 2020 resolutions.


1. Get back to blogging/ Blog more.
I have always been a scrapbook person. Well, I gave up the physical book for the digital one and I need to get back into documenting our adventures, life, and everything else.
 
Well, we all now know how this ended up. Ha!
I didn't blog more, but I am hoping to this year.
We shall see! 
2. Run more races.  While I originally thought I would try to run a race every month, I don't think that is an achievable goal for me due to availability of races near me AND my availability during race dates.  So my goal is to run more races and try to do some long ones as well to challenge myself.
 
I did run a few races, three I think (maybe four).
I already have one big race planned for April.
There are some February and March races I am looking at too.
I definitely need to get back into running.
3. Enjoy life more.
I am the first to admit that I am a type A, gotta get it done, make-a-list person.
While I recognize this is a personality trait, I also recognize that it would be good for my stress levels to try to re-prioritize my lists and spend more time having fun with my kids and less time mopping, dusting, and vacuuming. 
 
This was a GIANT fail the last half of the year.
2019 was a rough year for a lot of reasons, but A LOT of good happened as well.  I find it difficult to remember all the good and fun when I am so focused on the bad.  2020 will be about focusing on the good more than the bad. 
4. Travel.  To new places AND some of our favorite (old) places.
We already have a few trips planned and I am so excited!!
 
Travel was a goal and travel we did.
We went to Canada last summer (a new country for myself and the girls).
Ben and I went to Turks and Caicos (a new country for both of us) 
and the Bahamas (returning to an old favorite).
I returned to Florida with Stacy and Dana for our annual girl's trip.
Ben went camping in West Virginia.
 Kelly and I took the girls on our 2nd annual mommy-daughter weekend.
We went skiing twice, Caroline skied for the first time. 
And a lot more little trips in there as well. 
5. Financial/Home goals:
- Continue to increase our emergency fund
- Continue to put money into the girls college fund
- Possibly move to a new house*
- Possibly start working again* 

We did continue to increase our emergency fund.
We also started contributing more to the girls college fund.
The biggest surprise of all- we moved into a new house during a crazy 30-day period that had us out of town every weekend and then out of the country.
And almost as big of a surprise as moving- I went back to work (part-time) 
 
 
 
My 2020 Resolutions:
 
 1. Maintain a positive outlook more often than not.
I will actively work on staying in a positive mind-set and away from the negative.
 
2. Blog more.
 
3.Get to a healthy weight and maintain that all year.
Enjoy working out and trying new activities.
 
4.It is my resolution to give up candy for all of 2020.
I've made it 5 days so far.  Wish me luck. :)
 
5. Pay off my graduate school student loan.
Continue to put money into the girls college fund.
Increase our emergency savings.

6. Travel. Often.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
Happy New Year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment