Thursday, October 6, 2011

Last weekend

Last weekend, Ben and I went down to Columbia for a football game, to see our beautiful nieces, and for my baby shower.  We had quite the adventure.
Friday we started out on our 7 hour drive.  10.5 hours later we were in Columbia.  We checked into our hotel way past our expected check-in and quickly fell to sleep.  We got up Saturday morning and got ready for the USC vs. Auburn game!  I was so excited to wear my new garnet shirt and new (maternity) jeans to the game.  We went over to Stacy and Paul's house and hung out for a bit, played with the girls, and loaded the car and headed downtown.  We picked up Kristy on the way and she gave me the most fabulous Carolina Gamecock dress!  I absolutely love this dress for baby girl!  I can hardly wait until next football season for her to wear it.  :)
We tailgated for a bit and saw lots of people.  Ricky and Brook stopped by and it was great to see them and catch up for a minute.

Stacy and I at our tailgate
(I had a sweatshirt on too, but took it off for the picture
because I wanted my cute shirts captured on camera, ha!)

Paul, Stacy, me, and Ben
(Paul is tickling Stacy)

Stacy, Brook, and moi

After we packed up our tailgate (and let's be honest, Paul, Ben, and Stacy packed; I supervised) we headed to the fabulous USC Stadium.  The band has a new director and so the pre-game show was different.  Stacy and I inspected and agreed that it was nice.

Pre-game show

Coming out to 2001!!!

Game time!

Post-game.



After the game we headed back to Stacy and Paul's and had some pizza.  Shortly after pizza, I was so tired that Ben and I headed back to the hotel. 

As I was getting ready for bed I noticed some pain in my pelvis but I didn't think it was too bad so I went to bed.  Sunday morning when I got up the pain in my pelvis was a lot worse and so I called my doctor.  Unfortunately, the doctor told me to go to the emergency room.  Ben and I drove the Palmetto Health Richland and Stacy met us there.  We were there for about 2.5 hours on Sunday morning and I missed my baby shower.  After the doctor saw me she told me everything was fine and that I was having growing pains.  OH goody.  Stacy quickly called everyone and they were able to meet for a baby shower lunch at Monterrey's (yay!)

I really enjoyed my delayed-baby shower lunch with excellent friends and good food.  Baby girl got some fabulous gifts that I know she will really enjoy.  Ben and I are so blessed to have wonderful friends and I really am thankful that I still got to see everyone.  I am also truly thankful that everything was and is okay with baby girl.



Mollie, Libby, Teri, me, Stacy, and Dana!

I want to add a special thank-you to Stacy for welcoming us to Columbia, letting me play aunt to her girls, a fabulous tailgate, coming to the hospital, a wonderful baby shower, and a fabulous diaper wreath, thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment