Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Savings

So I am starting a new weekly entry called Sunday Savings.  Each Sunday I will share the ways I saved (or tried to save) in my shopping outings for the past week.  Since I already covered my Bath & Body Works shopping this week, today will only be my Giant and CVS savings.

Up first, CVS...

This week, CVS started their spend $30, receive a $10 gift card to select locations.  Now the $30 is on select items and it changes every week.  Additionally, the $30 is before coupons!

I purchased 2 boxes of Puffs tissues, 1 package of Pampers diapers, 1 bottle of Wisk laundry detergent, 3 bags of chex mix, 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste, 1 package of 9Volt batteries, and 2 packages of butterfingers (for Halloween).
I received a package of Huggies diapers for FREE and a $10 gift card to Gap/Old Navy for FREE!

Total before coupons: $76.68

Total spent: $28.61 + I received the free $10 giftcard to Gap/Old Navy

Secondly, Giant...
This week at Giant, they had a ton of deals and specials going on that I had not received in the newspaper.  So... once I got to the store and got everything on my list, I started looking at the ad to see if I can hook up any other deals.  I did! :)

I purchased 1 loaf of bread, 1 4-pack of Yoplait yogurt, 4 individual cups of Dannon yogurt, 1 1/2 gallon of Lactaid milk, 1/2 pound of hard salami, 4 boxes of Cherrios, 2 cans of scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner, 1 Dove deodorant, 1 Suave Shampoo and 1 Suave Conditioner, 1 Barbell Cordon Bleu 2-pack Chicken, and 4 bananas.
I received a gallon of milk for FREE!

Total before coupons: $55.59

Total spent: $42.86

Total spent for the week: $71.47.  My goal was $50 at Giant and $20 at CVS.  I came close, maybe next week I can make it under $70.  How did you do???


***CORRECTION***

After reviewing my Giant receipt, I discovered that I did not receive an instant $4 off that I was supposed to receive after my Cherrios purchase.  So... I drove back to Giant with my Cherrios and showed them my receipt.  I have now walked in my front door with $4 cash in my pocket!  :)

So... for Giant...

Total spent: $38.86

Total spent for the week $67.47, which means I made it under my budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment