Wednesday, March 26, 2014

We are gonna be super clean!

I've made no secret about doing a little couponing here and there.  :)

However, during this first trimester, I have felt like doing nothing, especially not couponing. 

But this weekend, I heard that Harris Teeter was going to have Super Doubles starting on Wednesday (today).  So... I decided to try to get back in the game.

*Full Disclosure*  While I have been laying on the couch in the afternoon (and night) (and weekend days) I have been watching a lot of Extreme Couponing on TLC.  So, I may have gotten the idea in my head, that I could improve my couponing and take it to the "minor extreme couponer" level.  I say minor because I only have 1 insert unless someone gives me another one, and the people on Extreme Couponing have about 100 inserts.

**Full Disclosure**  On Monday, I asked my students to bring in any extra coupons that they had around the house.  This is how I picked up more than one insert without having to pay for it.  :)
I had eight students bring me a variety of coupon inserts (some expired, some were just ads for target, and some were legitimate coupons).  Hence, I think I have become a "minor extreme couponer".

So, this morning I made my first trip to Harris Teeter while on my way to work.

I picked up:
(1) Bottle of Tresemme Hair spray
(2) Bottles of Tresemme Mousse
(2) Bottles of Tresemme Shampoo
(1) Bottle of Tresemme Conditioner
(1) Bottle Colgate Mouthwash
(1) Venus Razor
(2) Bottles of Suave Shampoo
(1) Bottle of Suave Conditiner

Total before savings:  $52.89

Total after savings: -$1.47

THAT'S RIGHT!  I HAD A NEGATIVE BALANCE!!!  
(That has NEVER happened to me before)


 (everything in this picture was FREE)

I went back this afternoon to Harris Teeter and also picked up:

(4) Boxes of Colgate toothpaste
(1) Bottle of Clear Shampoo

and then went to CVS and picked up:

(8) Snickers eggs

ALL FOR FREE!



Now, while picking up my free toothpaste and shampoo, I also picked up a few other items:


I picked up:

(12) boxes of pasta ( on sale, and 8 boxes were free)
(3) jars of fruit (saved $6.00)
(1) gallon of fruit punch (on sale, and paid 37 cents)
(1) package of pull-ups (on sale, and saved $3.00)
(2) cans of soup (on sale, and saved $2.00)
(1) package of string cheese (on sale, and saved $2.00)
(1) box of contact solution (on sale, and saved $3.00)
(1) box of goldfish (on sale)
(1) 1/2 gallon of milk (full price)
(1) box of donuts (full price)
(1) box of granola (paid 25 cents)
(1) barilla pasta meal (paid 25 cents)
(1) apple crisp dessert (paid 15 cents)

From CVS:

(4) M&Ms eggs (on sale and saved $2.00)


Total before savings today from three trips: $176.18

Total spent today after savings from three trips: $43.50



2 comments: