Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A week in review

This past week has been extremely hectic and I have already tried to write this post twice (but failed to do so due to bad internet connections). 

I have also had a difficult time emotionally this week.  This is the first Christmas away from my family and I have been having a really hard time dealing with it.  I love Ben's family and I am happy they are so welcoming and loving, but it still isn't the same as being with my own family.  As I posted earlier this year, my mom had a heart attack in September, and I am so thankful to have this extra time with her because she is alive.  But I did not get to spend the holiday with her and it has been extra hard knowing that I could have lost her this year.  While pondering and dealing with these emotions this week I have leaned on my husband every moment and I cannot express how thankful I am to have such a loving and supportive husband.  I pray daily that my faith in God and the support of my husband will help me through this difficult time.

Although this week has been a challenge, it was also filled with happy times and we made some wonderful memories.  I shared some of my family traditions with Ben's family and we started some new ones together.

Here is my week in review (of pictures):
Christmas Eve.  Don't you LOVE Ben's tie and Adam's sweater?

Christmas Eve we had this cake.  Delicious!

Christmas morning.  One of my family traditions to
open "poppers" and wear the crowns that are inside.


I had a white Christmas!

Time to open presents!!!

All the cousins at Aunt Barb's house (Christmas Day).

Dec. 26th - Driving to Deep Creek. 

Our house at Deep Creek.

The view from our room.

The pool at our house.

The ski slopes.

Sledding.

Snow angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment