Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A new recipe, and a really, really old recipe

One of the items on my Summer Bucket List was to try a new recipe.  Last night I tried a new recipe and my whole family LOVED it.  It is so easy and anyone can make this.

My new recipe is for Baked Spaghetti:

 You will need:
1 pound ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 box of spaghetti
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
I also added half an onion for more flavor

 Boil some water for the spaghetti and heat up your pan for the meat

 Brown the ground beef

Cut up onion

Add onion to browned ground beef and stir

 Add sauce to ground beef/onion mixture
Stir together.

Boil spaghetti and let the meat/sauce mixture simmer

 Drain pasta when ready

 Mix pasta and sauce/meat

 Place mixture into casserole dish and cover with cheddar cheese

 Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

 Yummy!


My old recipe is for Granny B's Sugar Cookies.  Granny B is my Grandmother's Grandmother.  Like I said previously, the recipe is really, really old.  Now this is also a secret family recipe so I can't share it online.  However... I made Granny B cookies for the 4th of July and wanted to share that with my family.  I miss all of you and wish I could be with you for the 4th of July, so I made something that reminds me of all of you.  I love you!

 I made stars for the 4th
 And use red and blue sprinkles in addition to plain sugar

Thank you Granny B for the wonderful recipe!
And thank you to my Grandmother and Mother for sharing it with me.


Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment