Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sophomore Shenangians

This weekend, my two roommates from my sophomore year of college came to visit.  Jessica and Simone are two fabulous ladies that I always have a good time with.  I had not seen Jessica since I got married and I had not seen Simone since our mutual friends Leslye and Chris got married almost two years ago. 

They both drove in Friday night and we enjoyed tacos, cocktails, and catching up.  We stayed up way too late and then got up bright and early to go to the National Zoo.  I thought it would be fun to take Elizabeth and Jessica's mini.  Well...after driving around the zoo for an hour and going past all five parking lots- we left.  And drove downtown to walk around the National Mall.  Neither Simone or Jessica had been to DC and done the tourist thing, so I told them we had to take a picture in front of the Capitol.

Fabulous!

After the Capitol we walked down the mall and enjoyed the Museum of Natural History.  By the end of the museum we were really hungry and headed home and then to the pool.  We ended the night by grilling out and enjoying more cocktails.

Simone and Jessica headed home today and I am missing them already.  It is so wonderful to have friends that you can catch up with instantly and pick right back up where you left off.  I miss you ladies, thank you for a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment