Saturday, September 28, 2013

Clarendon Day 10K Race

Today we got up and drove over to Clarendon for the 10K Clarendon Day race.  I had never run a 10K race and so I was super excited for my first one.  After the race there is a huge festival in Clarendon that lasts all day.

The race started in Clarendon but ended in Courthouse, so I was about 1.5 miles from Ben and Elizabeth when I finished the race.  The cool part- the race provided metro cards for all the runners to metro back to the start.

Before the race.

We got there a little early.
We weren't sure about parking, so we wanted to make 
sure we had time to park and get to the race.

Elizabeth and I before the race.
Yep, that's a Gamecock dress she has on!

After the race, I found my family!


I used my Endomondo app for the race because I wanted to see each mile time.  I was told this was a fast course, and it is so true!  I ran faster than I have ever before and I am super pleased with my time.

According to my phone, I ran:

Mile 1- 8:48 - 8:48
Mile 2- 9:19 - 18:07
Mile 3- 9:43 - 27:50
Mile 4- 10:06- 37:56
Mile 5- 9:43 - 47:39
Mile 6- 10:13- 57:52

So according to my chip time, I ran 6.2 miles in 1:01:55.
However, according to my phone, I ran 6.45 miles in 1:02:17

I saw 6.45 miles and I was like, "what the..." so I asked other runners around me and they said their phone apps said the same thing.  So I guess my 10K turned into  a 10K + 0.2 miles.

Anyways... I had a blast running, we saw lots of friends, and enjoyed the morning in Clarendon.

I also want to give a shout-out to my sister, Anna, that ran a 2/5 marathon today.  She came in 2nd place in her age group.  I am so proud of her!  I love you Anna!



No comments:

Post a Comment