Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday night Brain dump

I've had several thoughts mulling over in my head this weekend, so I thought it would be a good time for a brain dump.

1.  I think I might be changing my mind on what my favorite time of year is.  I usually say Summer is my favorite time of year, but lately I feel it moving to Fall.  I am in love with the weather, football season, candles that smell like pumpkins, apples, or spice.  I love going to the pumpkin patch, eating fresh apple pie, and the leaves changing colors.  I love buying Halloween candy, picking a costume for Elizabeth, decorating our house with scarecrows and pumpkins, and getting Ben pumpkin rolls.

Just look at all those colors!

Elizabeth, Halloween 2012


2. I love eating outside!  We have been having dinner outside on the deck whenever the weather is nice.  It is just soooo relaxing to eat outside.  No matter what kind of day I have had, eating dinner outside is instantly relaxing.  Does anyone else feel this way?

3. We have several shows that we have watched for several years: The Soup, NCIS, Bones, Castle, Covert Affairs, Psych, Royal Pains, and my new favorite- Graceland.  But... Ben wants us to try some new shows this fall and I have no idea what is coming out.  I've seen commercials for a show with Robin Williams and one with Seth Green.  We watch a lot of Netflix and we DVR everything so I don't see a lot of commercials to know what is coming out.  Does anyone have any recommendations?


THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!!


4. I have been trying to cut back on Diet Coke.  During the summer break I got really bad and was drinking three a day opening three a day.  I wouldn't really drink all 12 ounces of three diet cokes, but I was opening them and when they were warm or flat, I wouldn't drink anymore (usually 4-6 ounces).  Well now I'm down to two diet cokes a day.  I am trying to get to one a day and then none.  But... I so enjoy a good Diet Coke.  As my father-in-law says about coffee, I say about Diet Coke: "It is the elixir of life". 



5. I miss being in Columbia during college football season I miss being in Columbia on Game day.  I miss being on the field during Game day.  But I don't miss all of the long hours that go along with being an athletic trainer.  So yes, I miss being in Columbia during football season and especially on Game day.  I have been watching most of our games and have had fun doing so.  But boy, I miss Williams Brice.  Go Gamecocks!

Tailgating with my favorite people last year.


Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I too am starting to love fall so much more than I used too...I love the weather!
    2. I just set the DVD to record the first episodes of the blacklist and Michael j fox's new comedy...I'll let you know how they are! Also, do you not watch Big Bang theory...it's one of our faves! We also love duck dynasty!
    3. I look so skinny in that picture...ESP compared to pics from this football season lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you are pregnant! Of course you are going to look a little different. I am so excited for NCIS tomorrow!!!

      Delete