Tuesday, November 12, 2013

On the eve of turning 32

Tomorrow I turn 32.  Thirty-two.  Wow.

I feel like I should feel grown up, knowledgeable, and have everything under control.  Some of these things I do have under my belt.

I am technically a grown up (and have been for 14 years). 

I am knowledgeable in many areas- mostly the things I studied in college, but also in love, my daughter, using the DVR, and enjoying the company of my husband.

Do I have everything under control?  Well, isn't that a loaded question/statement/goal.  Because nothing is in our control.  It's in God's control.  I am where I am supposed to be and God helped me get here.  I am so happy and so incredibly thankful for everything He has blessed me with and the guidance He provides.  There are many things I think are under my control, and again and again He humbles me. 

So.  Getting back to 32.

This evening I went to my blog and looked at my excitement at turning 31.

I had completely forgotten that I had done a countdown to my birthday by trying to lose weight and pushing myself even further.  It started here with 25 days until my 31st birthday.  I weighed 145.4 and made it to 139 by my birthday. 

Now as I approach my 32nd birthday I am happy to share that I weight 127.

It is crazy to think that 13 months ago I was almost 20 pounds heavier.  I am currently working out 5-6 days/week with running, weights, and occasionally a class at the gym (step or yoga).  I am working on toning up and maybe losing a few more pounds.

One of my goals for my new decade was to maintain good fitness and I am constantly working on that.  I want to set the example for my daughter of what a healthy lifestyle looks like.  I want Elizabeth to be happy with who she is, be comfortable in her skin, and maintain a healthy life.  It's not always easy, but  I am so happy with the results of my hard work.

So, I started thinking about goals for my 32nd year and I came up with a few:

1) I would like to read more.  I really enjoy reading and I don't do it nearly enough.
2) I would like to run at least one of the following races: 10K, 10-miler, or 1/2 marathon
3) I would like to relax more (this is really hard for me to do)

So... onto some fun stuff!

Last night Ben made a wonderful dinner!
Grilled salmon and shrimp.  Grilled vegetables (mushrooms, carrots, onions, and zucchini)
And... he made beer bread from scratch!!!

 Elizabeth and I were playing in her play room this afternoon 
and I asked her to take a picture with me.
I love my little nugget!!!!!

Does anyone else feel like they are supposed to have it all together?
At what age are we supposed to get it together?
Do you set goals for yourself at major milestones (like birthdays or new years?)
Have you reached your goals?


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment