Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Last Super Doubles Shopping Trip

This afternoon was my last trip to Harris Teeter for Super Doubles shopping.

I knew I was only going for a few things, and I had my coupons in hand as I walked into the store.



What I got:

(2) boxes of Special K protein bars (I eat the special K bars for breakfast)
(4) 4-packs of Snack Pack puddings (Ben and Elizabeth eat them with lunches or as a snack)

Total before savings: $12.48
Total spent after savings: $2.68
Savings: 79%


Coupon break down-

(Some people have asked me how the deals and coupons work, so I thought I would explain with a small shopping trip as my example)

The Special K bars are usually $3.39 each.
They are on sale 2/$5 or $2.50 each.
I had (2) $1.00 off/ one box coupons.
Those $1.00 coupons double to $2.00 off.
That makes each box 50 cents.

The pudding packs are usually $2.78 each.
They are on sale for $1.00 each.
I had (1) $1.00 off/ (4) pudding packs.
That $1.00 off coupon doubled to $2.00 off
That makes the four pudding packs 50 cents each.

No comments:

Post a Comment