Thursday, September 14, 2017

Bento Box School Lunches

Over the summer I asked all of my friends that had been through sending kids to kindergarten for their recommendations on packing lunches.  Our plan is for Elizabeth to take her lunch everyday (which is a small miracle for me to accomplish because I don't like packing lunch). 

I decided on going with a Bento Box and lunch bag for her lunches.  I thought having her meal in one container would be easier for her to handle at school and easier for me to pack/clean everyday.  I purchased two of these Bentgo Kids' Lunch Boxes on Groupon during the summer.  The girls used them all summer for picnic lunches whenever we were out and about.  They both LOVE them and they are so easy to use on-the-go.  A big shout out to my friend Liz for the recommendation!

The Bentgo Boxes are large so Elizabeth needed a lunch bag that would hold it.  We decided on the Cold Pack lunch bag from Pottery Barn Kids.  Elizabeth picked the Grey Rainbow Butterfly Lunch Bag.  The Cold Pack version is large enough to hold her bento box and it has several pockets and a compartment for a water bottle.

I'm always looking for lunch ideas because Elizabeth is a picky eater and not big on sandwiches.  I've checked a lot of ideas on Pinterest and decided to keep track of some of her lunches so I can remake them.

Here's a look at some lunches from the last few weeks:

 Salami, cheese, goldfish, mandarin oranges, gummie snacks, and a hershey kiss

 Same as above but switched oranges for grapes

 Salami, cheese, goldfish, Annie's bunnies, mandarin oranges, gummie snacks, M&Ms

 Salami sandwich, apple slices, crackers, cheese, and a hershey kiss

 jelly sandwich, grapes, pringles, cheese, and M&Ms

 Pirate's booty, oranges, chick-fil-a nuggets, cheese, and a hershey kiss

 Smoothie, pretzels, salami, cheese, dark chocolate, and gummie snacks

 salami, pretzels, oranges, cheese, and annie's fruit roll

 Banana muffin, crackers, oranges, cheese, hershey kiss

 salami, cheese, rice krispy treat, oranges, gold fish, annie's bunnies

mac n cheese, rice krispy treat, oranges, goldfish, and annie's bunnies

If you have any recommendations for lunch ideas, please leave them in the comments.
I'm always looking for new ideas!


Happy Thursday y'all!


2 comments:

  1. We do homemade lunchables in these boxes. Slices of leftover chicken or salami, slices of cheese and crackers. Also black beans with cheese, tortilla chips and a bit of salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chips and salsa is a good one! I will have to remember to add that, thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete