Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekend Review: apples and races

We had a wonderful and very busy weekend around here. 

Our weekend started early because Elizabeth had a teacher workday on Friday, so we headed out to Great Country Farms for a fun day with friends.   

The kids played, played, and played some more.
We had a picnic lunch and then we went apple picking.

All the kids loved the tractors at the entrance.




All seven kids :)

The girls loved spending time with their friends




After the tractors the girls jumped on an inflatable for about 30 minutes.
We headed to one of the many, many playgrounds afterwards.


After playing and lunch, we went to pick some apples.

Not sure why she is posing like this ;)

This is her smiling for the camera
#thisistwo

Ummm... 
So cute!!!

Wagon ride to the apple trees

Walking to pick some apples

We got a TON of apples

It was hot and fun.
I love these two girlies!!

Wagon ride back.
These kids were hot, tired, and eating apples :)



After apple picking, the girls and I headed back towards town.

We stopped on the way back so I could shop the consignment sale where I was consigning and volunteering.  The consignment sale was offering free babysitting while you shopped (yes!) so the girls played and had a snack and I got to shop without kids (win-win!!).

Saturday we hung around the house most of the day.
Ben cleaned both cars, the girls played outside and did some artwork.

I think Elizabeth is learning how to draw people (in art class) because she has been doing this all week when she is at home.

Saturday night Ben grabbed us Olive Garden to-go so we could carb-load before our race on Sunday morning. :) 


The girls and I participated in the Clarendon Day 10K and Kids Dash on Sunday morning.

Sunday morning- 8:45am

Pre-race photos with my girls.
We were all excited and nervous for our races.


Love this man so much!!

My race started at 9am and the girls and Ben watched me start.



Do you see me waving?

There I go...

Bye family!

The girl's race started at 9:30am.
Elizabeth's race was first.
Do you see her?



There she goes!

She's my fast runner!!

Caroline's race was next.
Elizabeth ran with her

Aren't they so cute?!?

My other fast runner!!







Waiting in line for their medals

Yay!!
I am so proud of both my girls for completing their first race!

Elizabeth was so excited


They also had pancakes for the kids

More medal photos!



Cheeeeeese




This is me about five minutes after I finished my race.
The finish line is two miles south of the start line.
I took the metro back up to where my family was waiting.

Post-race celebration after cocktails and snacks :)


She wanted a photo with just me and made these faces

Ha!

They were both so proud!



After the post-race celebration, we headed home and I showered and changed.
Then I headed to work my four-hour breakdown shift for the consignment sale.
I worked from 2-6pm and then was able to pick-up my stuff that didn't sell.

This was the donation pile at the end of the night.
Amazing!I

I headed home about 6:45pm and enjoyed cocktails and snacks with Ben.

Before going to sleep last night, I had to take a picture of my total steps for the day.
Let's just say I'm taking a few days off from the gym. ;)

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment