Thursday, April 19, 2018

Easter 2018

Easter started off very early when Elizabeth woke-up at 6am.  I tried to get her to go back to sleep, but that was NOT happening.  She woke-up on Saturday night and saw everything- the eggs, the baskets, and me standing at the bottom of the stairs talking to her grandparents.  I tried really hard to convince her the Easter Bunny came early and that I was just saying goodnight to her grandparents, but I honestly have no idea if she believes me or not.  Anyway, she knew everything was waiting downstairs and so I had her come lay down with me until 7am, then she woke-up her sister.  We went downstairs to see what the bunny brought us.

 Elizabeth's basket

 Caroline's basket

 Elizabeth going through her goodies

 Caroline watching Elizabeth go through her basket :)

 Oreo's, bubble bath, necklaces, and other goodies :)


 Lotion, bouncy balls, duplos, and fun goodies!


 Tattoos!


 After the girls went through their baskets (and Ben and I checked ours out), the girls took everything out of their baskets and it was time to search for eggs.  I put out over 100 eggs and we had so much fun watching the girls search all over the house for eggs.

 Elizabeth knows the game :)

 


 Caroline kept passing the eggs and then going back to get them


 She wanted me to carry her basket while she collected eggs

 Searching for the last few eggs


 
 Showing off all their eggs

 Now... time to open 100 eggs :)

 They got tattoos, candy

 money, play-doh

 miniature troll dolls, lip gloss

 hand sanitizers and nail polish



After the egg hunt, we had a quick breakfast, then showered and dressed for church.
Ben and I took the girls to a morning mass and then came back home for lunch.
 
 A few pictures before church


 Silly girls

 Trying to get a family photo...

 





 The girls helped Nana set the table


 After lunch, the girls had another egg hunt put on by Nana and Pap Pap.
Each kid had 12 extra-large eggs to find.
Nana assigned each kid a specific color and they searched the whole house to find their 12.

 See how big they are?
Only three eggs fit in their basket!









 Time to open eggs!


 Money, toys, candy, and other goodies!


We enjoyed a nice Easter dinner and then relaxed the rest of the evening.
Monday morning we woke-up to A LOT of SNOW!!!

 My in-laws backyard on Monday, April 2nd 

 Look like a postcard!


After breakfast we headed back to DC and enjoyed a beautiful snowy day on the way home.

Happy Thursday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment