Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Girl's weekend in Florida!

A few weeks ago, I headed down to Amelia Island, Florida to meet up with two of my favorite college friends- Dana and Stacy!  They drove down from South Carolina and we spent the entire weekend enjoying the beach, the pool, cocktails, food, and lots of relaxing, talking, and sleeping in.

 Friday morning, champagne on the flight down to get the girls weekend started right!

 After I landed, I went for a quick run and then ran by the beach.
On Amelia Island, you can drive your car onto the beach.
I had never seen this and it was fun to watch.



 After my run, I took a quick shower and changed.  
As soon as I changed, Dana and Stacy knocked on the door of our hotel room!
We unpacked and then headed straight to Sliders for lunch on the beach!!

 After lunch, we walked on the beach (it was a tad windy)

 
 After the beach, we headed to the pool (where it wasn't windy)
  
 Cocktails at the pool

After the pool, we headed out to get pedicures.
It was prom weekend so we had to wait awhile, the staff treated us to some wine while we waited!!

 Dana's first pedicure!

  Wine and pedicures- yes!!

 This is Stacy relaxed :)

 Friday night we went to Pepper's Mexican and Tequila Bar

 This margarita was as big as my head


 Waiting for dinner and enjoying our margaritas!

 My dinner was soooo good!

 Shrimp tacos for the win!
(I ate seafood at every meal) :)

 After dinner we went back to the hotel and enjoyed the fire pit.

 Blurry photo by the fire pit!
We stayed up late, enjoyed cocktails, and had a blast Friday night.

 Friday afternoon we reserved chairs and an umbrella for Saturday.
We went down to the beach Saturday morning and it was all set-up for us!

 Stacy got in her work-out for the day by carrying our cocktails to the beach.

 

 We had a late lunch on Saturday, we went back to Sliders.
 
 Lobster roll was yummy!

 More live music

 And key lime pie for dessert!

 
 One last group selfie on the beach at the end of the day

Saturday night we went out for a late dinner at the Salty Pelican.
It was a 90-minute wait, so we walked around and shopped.

We ordered several appetizers to share, but our favorite was the giant pretzel!

 

 Saturday night we stayed up late (again) and enjoyed our last evening on the island.

Sunday morning we went to a relaxing outdoor brunch and then headed to the airport.
On our way to the airport, Stacy and Dana took me by Publix to grab a Publix sub.
We don't have Publix in DC and they make the best sandwiches 
(I always get one when I'm on a trip down south)

This is my I'm-so-happy-I-have-a-Publix-sub face :)

My flight was delayed a few hours because of bad weather, so I made it home a few hours late.
It was a great weekend and we have already planned our 2019 trip!

Thank you Dana and Stacy for a fun, relaxing weekend.

Thank you Ben, Jeff, Paul, and Gin-g for keeping the kids so we could score a weekend away.

Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment