Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NYC!

This past weekend Ben and I took 36 of my students to NYC for a weekend of theater, food, and shopping!  We had 4 additional chaperons and we split the 36 students into 4 groups.  Ben and I took 14 8th grade girls to get New York bagels for breakfast, shopping on Canal Street for bags, earrings, and bracelets, more shopping in Times Square, fabulous dinners, and two shows.

Friday when we got to New York we checked into our hotel, the Marriott Marquis.  This is the view from our room:
Straight down

Straight across

The pizza and pasta buffet we had Friday night.  Or, what's left of it...

I surprised our girls after Canal Street and took them to the DASH store.


Saturday night Ben and I at dinner at The View which is the restaurant on top of the Marriott Marquis.

Times Square Sunday morning.



We had breakfast at Juniors every morning.

The play we saw Saturday night!

It was so incredibly awesome!!!

Sunday afternoon we saw Spiderman.  It was every bit the disaster I heard it would be.

Our trip to NYC was so awesome I can hardly describe it.  I was a bit nervous taking 36 kids to NYC but everything was wonderful.  How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying was one of the most fabulous plays I have ever seen.  Daniel Radcliffe and John Laroquette were superb in every way!  Times Square was overwhelmingly wondeful as always.  Spiderman was interesting, horrible, incredible, and surprising.  I wonder if it will reopen after it closes in 2 weeks.

Ben and I have been so blessed this year and looking at these pictures reminds me how very fortunate we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment