Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Springing forward...

Spring is here!  At least it feels like it is.  Today was 80 degrees and Elizabeth did 2 miles around the neighborhood.  The flowers are blooming, the sky is blue, and I bought new clothes for the warm weather.

So I have to be honest about something.  I am now starting on my new New Year's Resolution.  See, one of my New Year's Resolutions couldn't begin until I had Elizabeth.  I want to get in shape.  After being pregnant for 41 weeks it is so nice to M.O.V.E.!!!!  Now, right now I can only walk but I am a few short weeks away from jogging, kick boxing, yogaing, and lifting weights.  I can hardly wait!

I have also wanted to update my wardrobe.  It is mostly t-shirts and shorts because of my job and I find I have very few "blouses" or nice shirts to wear out to dinner.  (Pari, we still need to go shopping)
I also haven't purchased any new "spring/summer wear" since before our honeymoon and that was almost 3 years ago.

So... how do these random thoughts tie together?  Well, I didn't want to buy new clothes that I wouldn't fit into because I didn't know how soon I would lose the baby weight and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that would (hopefully) become too big when I lose some weight and get into shape.  Well... baby weight has become a non-issue (however, my stomach has become it's own issue- moms, does it get better???)

So today, Elizabeth and I went shopping at Old Navy for a few spring/summer wardrobe updates.  I had a coupon ($10 off any $50 purchase) and a gift card ($10 from the CVS gift cards back before Christmas).  I also knew that Old Navy was having a great BOGO (buy one, get one free) sale.

Here's what we got:

These tank tops are normally $10 each.
This week they are buy one, get one free.
Plus the $10 off $50 coupon made them $3.99 each.
 (When I find something I like, I buy it in as many colors as possible)
(Plus it's about 100 degrees here during the summer and tank tops are the only acceptable top)

The cardigan is normally $24.94, it was on ssale for $19.50
then another $3.94 off from the spend $50 get $10 off.  I paid $15.56 for the cardigan.
The two tops are normally $16.94 each, they were on sale for $6 each.
(I didn't know the tops were on sale until they rang up)

Each of the onsies were nomally $7.94.
I paid $4 each.
Three of them rang up $5 and the cashier changed it to $4!



Total spent: $78.95
Total saved: $75.20

No comments:

Post a Comment