Monday, January 8, 2018

Trip to Texas, part three!

I'm recapping the final part of our Trip to Texas today.  We really tried to make the most out of our remaining time.  We went to a few fun restaurants, Lolly and I grabbed very nice pedicures, we played with the kids, had family photos taken, and celebrated my mom with an at-home party, amazing cake, party games, and lots of love!

My siblings and our spouses went out to lunch without our kids!
Thank you again to Sydney and Gramps for babysitting!!
My sister recommended we go to Saki Hibachi for lunch and it was AMAZING!
I'm drinking to Flirt Tini and it was excellent.  
If you are near Mansfield, Texas you should definitely checkout Saki Hibachi.

I had to take one photo of all the hibachi goodness :)
I had the salmon and shrimp and it was magnificent

They brought my mom ice cream with a candle and the entire restaurant sang to her.
Happy Birthday Mom!


Later that afternoon we took the kids cosmic bowling.
Annalise had never been bowling and I think she instantly LOVED IT!!

These two were like this all week :)

Elizabeth... our serious bowler :)




Sweet cousins




Sweet face with my little

Silly face with my little

Andy helping Annalise bowl



In between the games we got the girls dinner.
They loved eating at the bowling alley 
(and don't worry, it's not Pepsi, just lemonade)






On Saturday, all the adult ladies went to Brunch at The Sanford House
Brunch was interesting...
Anna and I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was so dry that we couldn't cut it with our knives.
The Sanford House is also an Inn.  There are bedrooms (and bathrooms) above the dining rooms.
Well... half way through lunch, water starts pouring out of the ceiling behind my grandmother.
That's right, a bathroom (bathtub?) was overflowing into our dining room.
I immediately jumped up to get help and I turned off all the lights in the dining room, 
because you know, electrocution.  
We finished our meal without ever seeing our waiter again (hello, drink refills).
So, Lolly, Anna, and I went on a tour of the building while we waited for our checks.
When we came back, our checks had been left at the table- they didn't charge us for our mimosas and they took an additional 25% off the check!  
I thought that was pretty nice, but it was still an interesting meal.


My mom received a complimentary dessert for her birthday.
She picked Key Lime Pie :)
We all sang again and she got to blow out another candle :)


After brunch, my sister took my mom and Grandmother home because my mom needed to go back to bed.  We were all supposed to get pedicures after brunch, so Lolly and I headed to the pedicure appointment and had a mostly relaxing time.

We went to Queens Nails in Pantego, Texas
This is the face of someone in desperate need of relaxation ;)

The wine is helping and so is that heated thing on my neck 

Lolly and I thoroughly enjoyed our pedicures.

I will be the first person to tell you about a pedicure and if it is worth it or not.
I have had pedicures at hole-in-the-wall places, at beauty schools, at spas, on cruises, and everywhere in between.  This place, Queens Nails, is by far the BEST PEDICURE OF MY LIFE!
I had the $45 Lavender Pedicure and it was AMAZING.  
If you are ever around Arlington, Texas...you must get a pedicure at Queens Nails!!
(not an ad, just totally loved this place)

 
After our pedicures, we came back home and I got all the baby snuggles.
Sweet Emi is always so good for me :)


Saturday night, it was time to P-A-R-T-Y!

Lolly made all of us matching shirts, they say:
Gayle's Diamond Birthday!

And the kids shirts say:
Ga-Ga's Diamond Birthday!
 
Anna brought the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!
And I supplied all the decorations :)

My brother, sister, and I had so much fun celebrating our mom!
After dinner and cake we played a few party games and gave out prizes to the winners :)

And of course, I had to take some selfies with my brother and sister

Apparently, they are much sillier than I am ;)

Abby (36), Andy (33), and Anna (26)

After we took these photos, I officially lost my voice and joined the people getting sick- my mom and Ben.  We started debating flying back a day early because of Ben and I getting sick and the bad weather that was headed towards Dallas.

The next morning we ended up changing our flight and taking off on December 31st instead of January 1st.  We packed up our stuff and headed to the airport in the afternoon.

Elizabeth wanted her picture in front of the big tree at the airport


Caroline wanted her picture too

Elizabeth was my seat buddy for our flight home

Caroline and Ben sat in the row behind us

Silly girl

Silly girls ;)

Happy New Year from the airport!
We landed at 10:30pm, it took an hour to get all our luggage.
We loaded up into our Lyft at 11:40pm and proceeded to have the SLOWEST drive home ever.
We arrived home at 12:01am on January 1st.
I was so mad that we missed the countdown on TV but I didn't have any voice, so I couldn't really complain.  Ben and I have been suffering from/recovering from bronchitis and laryngitis ever since then.

That's a wrap on Texas 2017 Winter Break Vacation.
I'm so glad to be home and I will officially be starting 2018 once I'm over being sick.

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment