Wednesday, January 10, 2018

How I do Wednesdays: Goals and Resolutions 2018!

Today I am linking up with Shay and Erika for their 2018 series, How We Do Wednesdays.

This link-up is all about resolutions and goals.
Before I start resolutions and set goals for the new year, I like to look back at my old goals and review them.  Did I achieve what I set-out to accomplish?  Why or why not?  Did I forget about my goal or did something else prevent me from achieving it?   Did I exceed my goal easily and should I set loftier goals for myself?  I also like to set personal goals and then family/household goals.  What kind of goals do you set?




Let's take a look back at my 2017 Resolutions to see how I did:

1. Continue to maintain a healthy weight AND a regular workout schedule
2. Continue to be more giving and charitable, volunteer more.
3. Continue to travel to see family and friends AND travel to new places
4. Worry less about what other people think
5. Enjoy being where I am and who I am
6. Run more races AND challenge myself to run long races
7.Financial/home goals:
Get ceilings painted
Start college savings for both girls
Increase our emergency savings
Put new railing on deck
Finish playroom decor

Finish guest bedroom/office update


 The ones that I crossed off are the goals and resolutions that I achieved!
Looking back, I accomplished about half of my goals.

1. I spent most of the year in my target weight range and worked out pretty regularly.

2. We found new ways to volunteer and give back this year.  I love doing this individually and as a family.  It is important to me that I raise my children with a giving heart.  
There is always someone out there that is less fortunate than you. 

3. Travel in 2017.  Oh yes we did!
We traveled A LOT to see family and friends.
We went to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, DC, and of course all over Virginia.

 4. and 5. were BIG FAILS.
I constantly worry about what people think of me and this leads to me not enjoying where I am
Hopefully I can work on both of these in 2018!

6. Was a half complete.
I didn't run too many races in 2017 (only 2) but one was long-ish (a 10K).

7. Was also a half complete.
We started a college savings for the girls, and updated the playroom and guest room (yay!)
But we didn't paint our ceilings, put a new deck railing on, or increase our emergency savings. 
We did add money to our emergency fund, but then had to use the money to buy new appliances and fix our roof that had a hole.  So we ended the year breaking even. :(

 Those are my 2017 goals and resolutions, let's take a look at my 2018 goals and resolutions!


 Resolutions for 2018:

1. Continue to maintain a healthy weight and work-out consistently.
(I think this is important every year, so I have it on my list every year)

2. We are joining a new church and I would like to become more involved in church life at our new church.  I volunteered at our old church and really enjoyed it, so I am hoping to find my niche at our new church.

3. Enjoy more activities where we live.  There is so much to do here and I often feel as if we don't take advantage of all that there is to do.  So I want to spend more time enjoying what's around us.

4. Travel to new places!
We have some great trips planned for 2018 and I am looking forward to a few new places.

5. Enjoy this time in life.  The girls are growing so fast, I want to make sure I enjoy this time.

6. Financial/Home goals:
GET OUR CEILINGS PAINTED (this has been on my list for 4 years, yikes!)
Increase our emergency savings
Go an entire year without buying a new appliance
Increase the girls college savings funds

Those are my goals for 2018!
Short and sweet.
If you are stopping by from another blog, please follow me on the right and leave a comment.

Happy Wednesday y'all!


1 comment:

  1. Achieving half of your goals is still a success!!! Good luck with your 2018 goals. #3 and #4 are goals for my family this year, too. Thank you for linking up with us for Welcome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete