Friday, January 5, 2018

Trip to Texas, part two

As I mentioned yesterday in my post, Trip To Texas, part one! we were having a vacation week full of unforeseen circumstances.  Our week started off mostly nice, except that my mom was missing her entire week of activities because of being sick with.  We were still doing as many activities as possible for the kids, so they could have a nice week (and not be in the house all day).  As I mentioned yesterday, my brother and his family were in a car accident on Thursday.  On Friday morning I woke-up to the news that my cousin John had passed way.

I have known John my entire life.  He was married to Sharon, and Sharon is my mom's first cousin.  John and Sharon along with their kids Liz and Chris were the closest family we had my entire life.  They lived in Alabama (so they were only a few hours away) and then they moved to Georgia and were only one hour away!  I have so many wonderful memories of going to Sharon and John's house for Easter and Thanksgiving, playing in the creek in the backyard, Easter egg hunts at their house that they put out for just me and my siblings.  I loved listening to their birds chirp and sit in the hot tub and relax.  I will never forget to countless trips they made to visit us as kids and teenagers- for dinners, holidays, celebrations, graduations, parties, weddings, and just because (because that is what family does).  I was heartbroken to learn on Friday morning that John had passed away and then I had this awful feeling of helplessness.  We were on the other side of the country and I had a sick husband and two little kids depending on me.  We ended up flying home a day early because of weather and sickness.  By the time I learned the details for John's funeral, Ben and I were suffering from bronchitis and I also had laryngitis and we were unable to make the trip to Georgia.  I am forever thankful for the 36 years that I knew my cousin John and I know that he touched so many people's lives. 

Please pray for Sharon, Chris, Liz, and their families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment