Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What's Up Wednesday!

Hey y'all!  

Today I am linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday fun!  
 It's a little recap of the month and some things I am looking forward to in the coming weeks.  

Here's What's Up on this Wednesday:


What we are eating this week:

Monday we came back from vacation so we ordered pizza.
Tuesday is leftovers.
Wednesday I am thinking pasta and meatballs with salad and garlic bread.
Thursday is Roasted chicken, mash potatoes, mac n cheese or green beans (or both!)
Friday is Groundhog day and I found a cute Groundhog pancake on Pinterest, so probably breakfast for dinner.

What I'm reminiscing about:

I can't stop thinking about our winter vacation and the smile on Elizabeth's face while she was skiing!  I am so proud of her for trying the class and then she wanted to hit the green slope after class.  We had a great trip with friends and it was a nice, relaxing way to "restart" our new year.

What I'm loving:

Ben gave me an oil diffuser for Christmas and it is my new favorite thing!
I use it ALL. DAY. LONG and it leaves me relaxed and happy. :)

 The diffuser in my room when I was sick

 I've only used Lavender because it's one of my favorite scents!

What we've been up to:

We have been SICK.  Well... Ben was sick and then I was really sick.
 
 This was me almost the entire month of January :(
I am hoping we are finally headed in the right direction (although I picked up a new antibiotic today).
I was great for our winter trip and then my cough came back yesterday and was not going away.
Other than that, we have been busy with girl scouts (and all the cookies), Church, visits with family, and avoiding all the cold weather by hibernating inside.

What I'm dreading:

Taking Elizabeth to the dentist and doctor.
She turns six in February which means a well visit and she HATES the doctor.
She also has a dentist appointment in February and her last one consisted of her screaming and crying for 45 minutes.  It. Was. Terrible. :(

What I'm working on:

This list is never ending it seems, but especially with February.  February is one of our busiest months- we have Elizabeth's birthday, our date-anniversary, Valentine's Day, and we usually celebrate Mardi Gras and Groundhog Day.

 Mardi Gras pancakes from Pinterest

 Groundhog pancakes from Pinterest

I'm working on plans/meals/parties/dates for all these events plus we are looking to do some home improvement projects and I am planning and budgeting for those!

What I'm excited about:

Elizabeth turning six!  I just cannot believe she is almost six!
All of the meals/parties/dates/plans we have for February!
Yes, it is stressful.
However, making my family happy makes me happy!

What I'm watching/reading:

I read three books while sick and they were all freebies from Prime Reading.
I am trying to find the names, but can't locate them at this moment.

I've also watched all the TV since I am hibernating/been sick for a month:
Live PD
Scandal
Blackish
NCIS
NCIS: New Orleans
Agents of Shield (what is happening on this show??)
Seal Team
The Mayor (but it got cancelled)
The Crown (we just finished season 2)
Gotham
Lethal Weapon (so good!)
Grown-ish (watched the Pilot)


What I'm listening to:

Whatever the girls pick on Alexa. :)
Usually soundtracks from Frozen or Moana


What I'm wearing:

Pajamas
Sweats
Sweaters
Jeans
Cords
Snow coat
Repeat :)
(again, I'm hibernating)

What I'm doing this weekend:

I have a dentist appointment, picking up ALL THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, 
and watching the Super Bowl!

 photo courtesy of Girl Scouts of America


What I'm looking forward to next month:

All the celebrations, especially where my big girl turns six!
Ben and I are celebrating our 10th date-anniversary in February and I am excited for a night out!!


What else is new:

Nothing :)


Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment