Monday, June 10, 2013

What surprises me most about Motherhood.

Today at Kelly's Korner she was doing a link up to discuss what surprises us most about Motherhood.

I have felt truly surprised by only a few things since I began my journey as a Mom.  Maybe it's because I am a new Mom, maybe it's because I waited so long to become a Mom and I was really ready to become a Mom, maybe it's because I am a planner and see three moves ahead (or try to), or maybe I am just naive.

I was surprised I had to have a Cesarean section.
I tried to have Elizabeth the traditional way, but she wouldn't come out
(she did weigh 9 pounds and 14 ounces, so that's probably why)

Surprisingly, parenthood has been "natural" to both of us.
I didn't know what to expect.  Neither did Ben. 
But everything has come so naturally.
We have been relaxed about becoming parents and I think Elizabeth picks up on that.

I have been worried since the moment I found out I was pregnant.
I have been constantly surprised about how much I worry.
I worry her when she goes to sleep, I worry that she didn't get enough to eat, 
I worry that I didn't get all the dirt between her fingers when she gets a bath,
I worry that she uses too much technology (or not enough technology).
I am surprised by the worrying.  And it will never stop. :)

However...
The one thing I have never, ever been surprised about.
The love I have for Elizabeth.  It grows more each day and is unending.
I love her more than I knew I could, but I have never been surprised by that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment