Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Elizabeth's first movie

I have been planning for awhile (over a month) to take Elizabeth to her first movie today.  Regal Cinemas does a great program each summer called Summer Movie Express where they show old movies for $1.

I figured since Elizabeth is almost 2 1/2 that this would be a good first experience at the movies.  My goal was for us to stay for 30 minutes.  I figured, we spend $2 and kill some time during the 90 degree days.

Well... we got to the theater and Elizabeth was FREE because she is under three years old!  So, we paid $1 for me and walked in.  The movie today was The Smurf Movie 2.  I have no idea what smurf movie 1 or 2 was about, but it was $1.

I brought a snack for Elizabeth and we found our seats a few rows up and towards the middle.

We got to our seats at 9:50 and the movie started at 10.  It was perfect timing and she enjoyed listening to the music and seeing the commericals.

Once the movie started she got so excited and sat on the edge of her seat.  I think her favorite part was seeing a cat in the movie.  She loves cats.

She lasted 45 minutes, finished all her goldfish and milk, and then asked if we could leave.

I consider this activity a success and we will definitely be going to more summer movie express movies.  Thank you Regal for making our morning fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment