Thursday, November 20, 2014

A day in the life of this stay-at-home-mom

I am officially two months into being a stay-at-home-mom and I am starting to get into a little bit of a groove.  It's been a challenge because at the start of my stay-at-home status, I was 9 months pregnant and chasing around a 2 1/2 year old.  Then I had Caroline and was on restriction for the first 6 weeks of her life (and Ben was home the first 4 weeks).  So... these last two weeks are what I am considering my first real weeks of being a stay-at-home mom. 

As I have told my husband, friends, and family multiple times- I like having a schedule.  I need a schedule.  I thrive on a schedule.  I.  NEED.  A.  SCHEDULE.

So... I have been working on getting us into a routine and having a schedule.  Now, this is hard, but it is starting to come together (I am sure I just jinxed myself).

Here is a recap of today's adventures:

I woke up at 6:30am and got up to start my day.

At 7am, Caroline and Elizabeth woke up.

 After breakfast

 Elizabeth had craft time after breakfast and while I got dressed for the gym


 Caroline in the pack n' play while I get dressed for the gym

 Once I was dressed for the gym, I braided Elizabeth's hair

 8:45am- on our way to the gym

10:20am- leaving the gym

 11am- I have showered and dressed, nursing Caroline while Elizabeth watches Sheriff Callie

 12pm- Lunch time
Grilled cheese and left over chicken

Elizabeth had grilled cheese, pears, and gummie snacks

After lunch, we headed to Harris Teeter and did some coupon shopping.
When we got home, the girls took naps.
While the girls napped, I relaxed a little then did some laundry and dishes.

4:30pm- After naps, we tried Caroline in the bumbo for the first time.

 Elizabeth really wanted to sit in the bumbo.

We played around the house all afternoon and walked out to the mailbox to get the mail.
I made dinner while Caroline napped and Elizabeth played.

6pm-  We had Italian roast beef, crescent rolls, and green beans.


6:30pm- After Elizabeth and I ate dinner, I fed Caroline.

6:45pm- Elizabeth doing the Hotdog dance


8pm- Ben and I are enjoying our Thirsty Thursday cocktails.
Vodka Lemonade

Cheers!

I am trying to remember these days and cherish every moment (the good and the bad) because I know it will go by way too fast.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment