Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday

Today was the first day I could take Caroline to the gym daycare!  After Caroline's morning feeding, I loaded Elizabeth and Caroline into the car (through the pouring rain) and headed to the gym.  My goal was to get us to the gym and complete my workout.  We accomplished my goal and that made me super happy.  I wasn't sure if Caroline would sleep in her car seat the whole time, but she did and so I was able to finish my run.  I am training for a 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and have been working to finish my race in the 30-minute-range.  I don't want to be in the 40-minute range.  Two 5Ks in and I have finished both under 40 minutes so I am really happy.  (This is also on a treadmill inside with no hills or cold weather)  I have been running/walking for 45 minutes the last two days and I plan to do that through next Tuesday.  Hopefully my time will continue to improve...

The rest of the day we spent inside our warm, cozy house and watched the cold, yucky rain outside. 

I took pictures of my two favorite turkeys

 Then one left...

 To grab a snack :)

Elizabeth is so in love with her baby sister Caroline

 I made dinner in the crock pot today (btw- I love cooking in the crock pot!)
This is recipe #1 in my 33 new recipe challenge.
You can find the recipe here.
It's pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
*The potatoes and carrots were great, the pot roast did not turn out well (very dry)

 Ben made me a margarita for Margarita Monday

And I am finally starting on Caroline's stocking.
Wish me luck!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment