Monday, February 12, 2018

10th Date Anniversary!

Friday night, Ben and I celebrated our ten-year-date-anniversary!  We went back to the restaurant where we had our first date, Kelly's Irish Times and then headed over to our favorite bar, Off the Record inside the Hay-Adams Hotel, for dessert.

Looking back on the last ten years... I am overwhelmed with love, happiness, and so many wonderful memories.  I am so thankful that I have a partner that enjoys celebrating things like the anniversary of our first date. :)

We have had many adventures; purchased our first home, purchased two cars, had two kids, traveled all over the country, started new jobs, left the workforce, tried several churches, and explored our new hometown.  We have also said goodbye to many loved ones, we have been very sick, had serious injuries, and multiple surgeries.  I am so thankful to have Ben everyday by my side for the good and the bad.  I cannot imagine doing life with anyone else and I thank God every single day for the family he has blessed me with.

Here is a look at our date night Friday night:

 February 9, 2018
After dinner we asked the waitress to take our picture :)

 February 9. 2008
We look like babies!

 Outside the restaurant
 
 Our coasters at Off the Record
Aren't they the best?

 My handsome date!

 Ben's view :)

I ordered a chocolate chip cookie and our server brought this out (and the cookie)!


Our girls were at a Girl Scout Babysitting evening.  An older girl scout troop was offering babysitting for the evening as a fundraiser.  The girls had a pizza dinner, played games, did arts and crafts, then they had popcorn and gummy snacks while watching a movie.  The girls did NOT want to leave when we picked them up.  I know we will use this service again if they provide it.

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment