Monday, February 5, 2018

Deep Creek Lake Trip: Part One

At the end of January we headed up to Deep Creek Lake for a long four-day-weekend.  We met up with Jared, Kelly, Kylie, and Scot for a fun and relaxing break at our new favorite rental house.  We used the same house last year for our New Years getaway.

We arrived first and unpacked, Scot showed up soon after, and the girls were bouncing off the walls until Kylie arrived with Jared and Kelly.  We unpacked groceries and then headed to Brenda's Pizzeria for dinner.

Jared and Kelly brought us Ben's coat that he left at his parents house in December.
I sent this picture to my in-laws so the would know the coat arrived. :)

Ben took these pictures of our pizza and our table (about the same size)
We ordered the 26" pizza for the table.
They double cut the slices because the kids were eating it too.
If you go to Deep Creek, you MUST try Brenda's Pizzeria
It smelled AMAZING when you walked in and everything was delicious!

Biggest pizza EVER.

I think they need bigger plates. :)

When we got back to the cabin, the girls enjoyed the Minnie Mouse cupcakes that Scot brought them.


The girls headed to bed after this and we enjoyed a relaxing evening by the fire.

Saturday morning I took Elizabeth and Caroline sledding after breakfast.

Nana and Pap Pap gave them the sleds for Christmas and they were great for our snow vacation!




 
That is the frozen lake across the street with snow on it :)



The girls LOVE the snow and love to sled.  Win Win!






We had A LOT of FUN!!!

Snow selfie

After lunch, the guys dropped Kelly and I off for a wine tasting 
and a little Mom's afternoon out.
  We tasted six wines and then each grabbed a glass of our favorite :)

We ordered a cheese and cracker plate and enjoyed a few hours of wine and hanging out 
while the girls played at the cabin and made Valentine's crafts.

  We each purchased a bottle to go (you know, mom souvenir, right?)

We really liked the wine ;)
 

  Kelly and I really liked Fireside Deli and Wine
and we will definitely go back!
Make sure you check their hours online before going.


When we got back from our wine outing, Jared and Scot wanted to go down to the lake.
I've never been to a frozen lake so I went with them.
I also went along because I said I would NEVER get on the lake and I would need to save them when they fell in.
Well...


Following Jared and Scot...




There they go!

No fear




Jared waving for the camera

And Scot waving for the camera

Ben took this picture (from the house) of the three of us on the lake.
Yes, I went onto the lake.



See?  I'm about 2 inches from shore :)


  All three of us were on the ice
(I was a tad closer to shore)

 

Then I ventured out a few more feet

Scot was nice enough to take a few pictures with me

Do you see Jared???

Checking out the ice.

The melted water on top is from the snow melting.
The lake was VERY frozen, we guessed about six or seven inches of ice under us.


Group selfie.
All of us standing on Frozen Deep Creek Lake!

Later that night we enjoyed tacos, margaritas, cheese dip and a warm fire.
The girls headed to bed and we enjoyed another adult night of cocktails and games.

  I made a s'more before we started playing games.

And that's the first two days of our trip.
Check back tomorrow for the rest of our trip.

And click HERE for a recap of our New Years trip from last year!

Happy Monday y'all!


All thoughts and opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment