Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Deep Creek Lake: Part Two

Sunday morning we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast and then Elizabeth and I got ready for our ski lessons.  Elizabeth was taking "full-day" lessons from 10am-3pm and I was renting equipment at 10am that came with a 90-minute lesson and lift ticket good for the rest of the day.  Ben dropped us off and then went back to the cabin to relax with the rest of our crew.

The fog was INSANE at the beginning of our lessons but started to lift around 11am.  We went to Wisp Resort to ski and we both had a great time!  This was Elizabeth's first time to ski and this was the first time I had skied in about 25 years (so I needed a refresher).



Headed out to my lesson.
Thank you Drew for letting me borrow the goggles!

Ready to learn!


Elizabeth is on the far right
See how foggy it was!?



It was so foggy, I could barely see her class and they were about 30 yards away.

After my lesson, I skied for another 30 minutes and then met up with Ben, Jared, Kelly, Scot, Caroline, and Kylie for lunch at the resort.  We ate at DC's Bar and Restaurant and I thought it was really yummy!  I had the chance to warm up and enjoyed a cocktail with friends!

Ben took this picture of me enjoying my bay breeze :)


After lunch, I went back for more skiing and everyone else headed back to the cabin.
Elizabeth had about 90 minutes left in her class and I enjoyed skiing down the hill and catching glimpses here and there of her lesson.


The fog lifted and I switched to sunglasses for the afternoon.

Random photo of my skis.
Do enjoy! ;)

Elizabeth at the top of her "hill"




Skiing over to the carpet to go again

Waiting to go up

This was her at the end of her lesson!
She LOVED skiing!!!



This is her asking me to take her up the hills I have been doing all day.
I chatted with her teacher about her skill level and off we went!

Riding the carpet

I'm smiling, but so nervous to go ski with her! :)

Ben came to pick us up and took these pictures.
Elizabeth is the blue blur in the middle and I am behind her up the hill.


Skiing over to Ben so we can get a picture :)




We are so proud of this sweet girl!
Elizabeth LOVED skiing and she said she can't wait to go back!



Once we got back to the cabin, Elizabeth and I warmed up and then joined everyone for dinner.
Jared and Kelly made a great dinner for everyone and the girls had fun playing together.
The girls went to bed early and we stayed up late enjoying cocktails and playing games.

Monday morning we got up, cleaned up the house, and enjoyed a little bit of time playing before we headed out.  We took our time driving back to DC and stopped at a Chick-Fil-A with a playground for lunch time and play time.  The girls had a blast playing and Ben and I enjoyed a nice lunch.




Full-on silly mode :)





Elizabeth was all smiles and Caroline refused to smile :)






And that's the end of our Winter Vacation!

We had a great time with our friends, the cabin was amazing, and Elizabeth and I enjoyed skiing!

Happy Tuesday y'all!


All thoughts and opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment