Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gamecock Deco Mesh Wreath

For the past several years I have been wanting a deco mesh wreath.  
Until this week, I didn't realize it was called a "deco mesh wreath".  

In preparation for the upcoming college football season, I decided that I wanted to make a Gamecock wreath to put up for the season.  I googled "Gamecock Wreaths" and found two blogs that provided a step-by-step process on how to make a deco mesh wreath.  I really liked both of them, Miss Kopy Kat and Clumsy Crafter were the two that I used to help me.  

Elizabeth and I went to Michael's yesterday and picked up the supplies.

 - Garnet and Black Deco Mesh
- Garnet and Black pipe cleaners
- Wooden letters
- Circle wreath

 I cut the pipe cleaners in half.

 And spaced them 1/5 inches apart.

 I put one layer on of the garnet deco mesh.

Then I added a layer of black deco mesh.

I added a third layer of black mesh behind the garnet.

Then added a fourth layer of garnet.

I spray painted the letters white because the paint from the store was coming off.
Then, I painted black polka dots on.
 
 Polka dots finished.

 I added the letters to the wreath.

 Close-up of the wreath

 The finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment