I am a person that likes making resolutions!
I like lists, organization, and detail.
I LOVE crossing things off my lists.
It gives me a sense of accomplishment!
So... that is why I make resolutions every year. This year, I took a few days to think about exactly what I want to accomplish this year. I believe a new year, means a new start and that is how I am approaching this year- a new, fresh start!!
Who says you can't start fresh? Not me!
When I was looking online for pictures and memes to post. The one below immediately caught my eye and I am going to try to make it my mantra for the entire year:
I was pretty down in the dumps in 2015 and so I vow to do more of what makes me happy in 2016.
I want to spend more times with friends and family.
More time enjoying good wine.
More time traveling to new places.
And more time relaxing.
Those are just a handful of things that make me happy and I plan on focusing on those in 2016.
So... here are my resolutions:
1. Find the happy. Keep the happy.
2. Become more giving- watching other people's kids, donating to charity, volunteering. I did a few of these things in 2015 and they really made me happy, so I want to do this more often in 2016.
4. Travel more to see family and friends. AND... travel to new places. I have such wonderful memories of traveling the country as a kid, and I was to give my daughters similar memories. I think it is important to travel and see the world- it is much bigger than you realize.
5. Wine. I like wine. I even appreciate a good wine. I want to spend (some time) in 2016 enjoying good wine. :)
6. Remember other people. It is way to easy to get caught up in my life and what is going on in my house. I want to work this year to be a better daughter, sister, wife, and friend to those around me.
What I mean is- I am the person that remembers someone is sick and forgets to ask if they are feeling better. I see an e-mail on my phone and forget to e-mail someone back. I just want to be more aware and encouraging to those around me.
7. And lastly- my financial/home goals- these are family goals:
Increase our emergency savings by 10%
Replace the carpet in our living room
Replace our decking
Paint our ceilings
Get passports for Ben, Elizabeth, and Caroline
Put new curtains in the master bathroom
Put curtains in the master bedroom
I hope you enjoyed reading my resolutions.
If you haven't made your own, stop what you are doing and write a few down. :)
Happy Monday y'all!