Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin carving!

Tonight we continued our Halloween traditions and carved our pumpkins as a family. 

Ben carved Elizabeth's pumpkin with a pattern she picked out.  After that, Ben and I carved our own pumpkins and saved the seeds for Ben to oven-roast. 

 Ben and Elizabeth pulling out the "yucky guts" from her pumpkin.



 She loved touching the guts!



 Ben applying Elizabeth's pattern

 I always forget how long it takes to carve a pumpkin.  
So this year I took step-by-step photos so I would remember.

 Draw a line around the top.

 Carve the top of the pumpkin.

Empty the "yucky guts"

 Carving my pumpkin

 Our three pumpkins
Minnie Mouse, Cyclops, and Scared Pumpkin
 


 Minnie Mouse, Cyclops, Scared Pumpkins


Did you carve pumpkins?  What do they look like?


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say Minnie Mouse was picked by Elizabeth. In the last photo with complete darkness it looks like Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.

    ReplyDelete